Sunday, November 11, 2007

Back to the 60s

My Tita Lynn held her 60th birthday last night (November 10) with "back to the 60s" theme. Her guests were dressed with cool and trendy old school outfits and the hall were filled with lively 60's music. The program was well-prepared, and when the music plays, guests (oldies) just gone crazy dancing on their feet at the dance floor. The partee was much like a "ballroom session" (haha) because of the oldies dancing cha-cha, swing and a lot more.


I was asked by my aunt if I could play one or two pieces with my violin. I was still uncertain when she asked me to play because I wasn't that good in playing that instrument, I stopped my lessons and Im not practicing at all. I was convinced, I practiced the piece which is Love Story, but until the morning of the partee, I was still thinking if I would play later that day(I was really nervous in performing infront of people).


And then I was convinced again by mother (oh! she owe me her loan, haha.phone! phone!). I practiced the whole afternoon and mastered my piece. And then came the partee, I played. That was my first time to perform infront of my family, infront of my cousins, and other relatives. Whew! But then, I was able to play without hitting the wrong note and screeching the bow on the string.


After my performance, my mother and my cousin with her highschool friend approached me. My cousin's friend asked me if I could play in her wedding, HUWHAAAT?! She told me that she was in search of a violinist because her fiancee wants to have one playing on their wedding. She asked me If I could play Ngayon at Kailanman and Looking through the eyes of Love.


I said yes, the wedding is on December 15, I have a month to practice the pieces. Woohoo! This is Big Big step for me. I wasn't expecting that someone will approach me and play for his/her wedding or for any ocassion. BIGTIME.


Dendendenden!


Photos of the partee @ http://khonista.multiply.com/

No comments: