Thursday, October 18, 2007

Sem is over, let's move to the next level

Thank God, I was able to pass through the first semester of my 3rd year as a Pharmacy student. This first semester was really a tough one, I had lots of subjects, I had 4 minor and the rest was all major and pharmacy subjects with 4 laboratory subjects and I don't know how I was able to handle it all, whew! There's a lot of NO MORE and ENOUGH now...


Philippine History: No more advance readings and recitations! Yea, enough of them but I admit I really enjoyed my history class. I could say that, "Learning history isn't boring... with Sir Orestes!" hahaha. El Professor! I remember him saying: "Mukha man akong mandirigma..." Yea I know, looks can be very deceiving. At first I thought he was one of the "terrorists", oh yea I was really wrong. He has a big heart, very funny and a very good professor. (Better not to be late, better to limit those absences or else, the whole class will here - - (surname) D R O P P E D!) Punctuality and Responsibility as a student is what you need in his class.



Physical Chemistry: No more computations, no more table of atomic weights, no more valences, no more Thermodynamics and Thermochemistry, enough of them all! Try to mention "Phychem" to every 3rd year students(batchmates) and they will surely say "NOSEBLEED!". This is, I think, the subject that made us cogitate and study real hard. It's not about memorizations but we really have to analize, to understand every piece of the lessons. (You really have to stick your head at Ma'am crucis, or else, you'll be definitely lost!) All ears and mind is what you need in this class.



Hospital Pharmacy: No more photocopies(haha. yea. you want some scratch?), no more TPN talk, and no more latin abbreviations. I enjoyed this though I was just texting while in this class. haha. No problem with the lectures, it's in the photocopies and I would just have to borrow francine's notes. Oh lazy me!



Technical Writing: Enough of business letters, enough of resumes, enough of index cards! I also enjoyed this class though there was a requirement that cracked me off my nerves!. That is when our professor asked us to do our research/term paper as our requirement of the course, with just 2 weeks left?! and not as a group, individually take note! We were really pissed but we dont have a choice, we need to accomplish that for two short weeks. And one more thing, it's already exam week, we need to study but we really dont have a choice but to continue the paper before or after studying. Whew. I stayed all night for a week, I just had 2 to 3 hours of sleep. A total cram! Fortunately, we were able to finished it and passed it on time. Yeay!



Politics and Governance: No more memorizations for the recitation of the laws, enough of the articles, enough of the constitution! One of my favorite subject, not just the subject itself but also because of the professor. Sir Alejandro "Dondon" Nueva Jr! the GREENY but WITTY professor. He always throw greeny jokes on the class and he always get to hit on my seatmate Norma (crush daw eh? haha). We always get a "happy hour" in his class (this is our last class, it ends by 7pm), but he always make sure that we get to understand his lectures. I have a quote in this class, it's, "At the end of the day... Sir Nueva's on his way!". Full memory is what you need.



Rizal's life and works: Enough of recitation every meeting (my gahd this made me sickkkkk!). I hate oral recitations, but in this class, I have no choice. Enough of this. Verbal skills and Interpretation is what you need.



Pharmacognosy: Enough of Plants, enough of tabulations for the lec and lab, enough for the phytochemical tests, enough of alkaloids and whatever! I didn't enjoy much in this class, it is all bout tabulations of plants with their definition, description, constituents and use. Errr. Im just really lazy tabulating, haha!



Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms: Enough of drug tabulations, enough of long lectures, enough of memorizing almost all of the drugs, enough of the generics and manufacturers! (though that's Pharmacy was all about, TIME OUT MUNA!) I enjoyed this subject, I was get to familiarize with the different kinds of drugs, their dosage forms, their generics and use. THIS IS A WRITING CLASS. haha. (When I say "writing class", I just mean that there's a lot of lectures. You need an extra notebook! hahaha. I am not kidding, you really need to and a fully loaded pen and extras!) I enjoyed not just the subject itself but also because of the professor, it's Ma'am MERU! She's a writer(oh! haha. just kidding. I mean it's like, "part na ng system nya ang pagsusulat"), a very approachable and considerate professor. I like her, everybody does. And we all get to laugh out loud when she laugh like "ahihihihi". =)



Enough of those subjects. I enjoyed. I learned.



I'll move to the next level.



Biochemistry, Physical Pharmacy, Microbiology and more, they are WAITING WAITING WAITING.










No comments: